Thursday, September 5, 2013

New nexchange rates released!

The department of insurance released the final rates for the new plans starting January 1st. They have a tool that lets you calculate the cost of your health plan and even lists all of the plan names associated with the price. The only thing we are missing is what the plans actually cover. You can click here to access the tool.
I figured I would check and see how much I would be paying for my insurance and it is quite wonderful (sarcasm). I currently pay just under $400/mo for a family of 4. Calculating the price, I will be looking at about $950/mo next year. Isn't that super exciting?!
If my income is less than $94,000 a year and I am not offered affordable coverage through my employer, I can elect to purchase my health insurance through the Nevada Healthlink from me (the broker). If I do that I will be able to choose from a qualifying HMO plan and have the IRS give me some tax credits to help me afford that $950 premium, so that what I pay for my insurance doesn't exceed 9.5% of my income. For lower wage earners, that percentage is lower as well.
So take the time to look into the pricing and decide if today is the time to get a health plan or to wait until January.

1 comment:

  1. very good article and very beneficial, continue to work for the common good, thank you
    izon - izon

    ReplyDelete